MIS Foot Surgery
In-Office, with a Reduced Risk of Complications and a Quicker Recovery
The Latest Surgical Techniques
Dr. Farajian is one of the few surgeons in the SoCal area to be trained and certified in MIS foot surgery.
Minimally invasive foot surgery, also known as MIS foot surgery, is a surgical technique that uses specialized instruments and small incisions to treat a variety of foot and ankle conditions. Here are some potential benefits of minimally invasive foot surgery:
- Smaller incisions: One of the main benefits of minimally invasive foot surgery is that it requires smaller incisions than traditional open surgery. This can result in less scarring, less pain, and a shorter recovery time.
- Reduced risk of complications: Because minimally invasive foot surgery involves smaller incisions and less tissue damage, there is a reduced risk of complications such as infection, bleeding, and nerve damage.
- Quicker recovery: Minimally invasive foot surgery typically requires a shorter recovery time than traditional open surgery. Patients can often return to their normal activities sooner and experience less pain and discomfort during the recovery process.
- Improved precision: The use of specialized instruments and imaging technology allows for greater precision during surgery, which can lead to better outcomes and a lower risk of complications.
- Outpatient procedure: Many minimally invasive foot surgeries can be performed on an outpatient basis, meaning patients can go home the same day as the surgery.
It’s important to note that not all foot conditions can be treated with minimally invasive surgery, and each case is unique. It’s best to consult with a qualified foot and ankle specialist to determine the best treatment plan for your individual needs.